- Repotting: Repot the plants in pots of 22 cm in diameter.
- Substrate: 70 % of quartz sand (those used for aquarium) and 30 % of beech leaf compost gathered under the trees. Collect the layer of the previous year. Mix well the compounds together.
- Place: Chose a place where plants will receive morning sunlight only. Broad-leafed trees shadow is preferable to those of conifers. A wall shadow is suitable. Push the pot in your garden soil.
- Spring, summer: The substrate must be keep fresh, during growing period (without moisture excess) until the dormancy beginning. During growth period, each 3 weeks, spray the leaves with an orchids fertilizer according to instructions listed on the bottle.
- Autumn: When leaves turn yellow, you should cut it. In November, put a transparent roof on 4 stake above the pot. It will protect plants from water excess coming from winter rains.
- Winter: Keep the substrate fresh. As soon as appear growth signs in spring, remove the roof.
- Parasites: watch out for snails and slugs that eat the young shoots.